1. Cleanse and dry skin thoroughly
2. Using the white disc, practice on arm or leg before using on face
3. Pull skin tight to help device smoothly glide over skin
4. Move the device quickly across skin in an upward motion
5. Following treatment apply toner and moisturizer
6. Wash the cap and filter after each use
Use on face and delicate areas
Use on body
Use the White Ultra Sensitive Disc on your first treatment. Practice on your arm or leg before using on your face. This should help you practice before using coarser discs. After your first treatment with the white disc, wait 5-7 days and move on to the Grey Very Sensitive or Blue Sensitive Disc. Everyone’s skin is different. Based on your skin type, you may stay with the blue discs. Others with non-sensitive skin may move to green or even orange and red. The beauty is that you can customize your treatment from very sensitive to super intense.
Inserting a Disc
Push the disc down firmly on the device post.
Twist on cap, making sure to tighten the cap firmly against the black o-ring on the tool.
Check to make sure the disc is sitting slightly below the plastic cap.
For best results, replace the discs every 3 to 4 treatments. The aluminum oxide crystals that provide the exfoliation for your skin will wear off. The length of each treatment and skin type will determine how long each disc lasts. Don’t forget to customize your treatments and not only use the Personal Microderm on your face–use it on your body also. Sign up for Subscribe & Save and receive: 15% off, free shipping, and a limited lifetime warranty on your device.
CLEANING & MAINTENANCE
Clean the cap and the disc with rubbing alcohol (isopropyl) or warm water.
Clean the filter by running warm water over it and rubbing it between your fingers and thumb.
Always remember to place the filter back in the device.
DO’S AND DON’TS LIST
Remember, everyone’s skin is different. Use these instructions as guidelines for your own skin care needs to fully customize your treatments.
- Watch the training video and read all instructions before beginning your first treatment. Remember to practice on your arm or leg before moving to your face.
- Wash the skin so it is completely free of all makeup, oils, lotions, and dirt.
- Make sure the skin is dry before your treatment.
- Pull the skin taut with a hand of finger so that the Personal Microderm will glide over the skin smoothly. Move quickly.
- Begin your first treatment with the white training disc that is pre-loaded onto your device. Then, depending on your skin type, advance to the grey, then blue then green or red for the most intense treatment. Remember, all skin types are different. Go at your own pace.
- If you have very sensitive skin (and after practicing on the arms and legs), move to the next area. Wait 3 to 4 minutes to see if there are any adverse reactions before proceeding.
- Always keep the tool moving while performing a treatment.
- Use the small disc for the face and the large disc for the body.
- Ensure the disc sits slightly below the top of the cap. Do this by pushing the disc down after the cap is in place. Do not use the small disc with the large cap.
- Apply sunscreen daily.
- Do a treatment once every 6-7 days. This allows time for the skin to rejuvenate. During a treatment, you are removing the dead skin. During the next 6-7 days, your skin will be recovering and regrowing new skin cells.
- Clean the cap, disc, and filter with alcohol or antibacterial liquid and let dry.
- Do not use any intense skincare treatments such as chemical peel products (alpha and beta hydroxy acid, Retin-A, or Retinol) prior to or within 48 hours of using the Personal Microderm. Use common sense and good judgement. Do not over do it.
- Do not use the Personal Microderm without first consulting a physician if you are using Accutane.
- Do not use the Personal Microderm without first consulting a physician if you have any serious kin conditions, if you have extremely sensitive skin, or if you are taking any prescriptions that will impact your skin.
- Do not use directly above the eye bone or below the brow bone. Your skin is loose and thin. Stay away from those areas.
- Do not allow the tool to hover in one spot. If this happens, do not be alarmed. You may have red marks or scabs. Simply use a good recovery moisturizer and sunscreen. After a few days, you will have fresh new skin!
- Do not use the Personal Microderm over the same spot of skin multiple times. The effects of the device are not always immediately visible, so you must be careful. After several uses, you will learn how to best perform each treatment for your skin type.
- Do not continue to use the Personal Microderm if you feel any pain. Pain is a sign that you have been too aggressive. You may have hovered, gone too slow, or done multiple passes. Learn from each treatment how to better customize the right treatment for you.